We’ve had lots of time to think about and be in our home. A few of us see our property as a place to put down our head at night as we love such busy lifestyles but with the Covid-19 lockdown forcing us to spend more time there - do we need to make our house a home? Some people have had niggling annoyances about their home for sometime that have now become even more apparent and action needs to be taken and for some who thought their home worked for them, are now having second thoughts.
Let's get our notebook out and start writing down the pros and cons and needs and wants list. We’ve come up with a few questions to get you started:
Let’s evaluate your home
- On a scale of 1-10, how do you rate your current home for your needs?
- What’s your home’s best quality?
- What’s its worst quality?
- Do you like the style of your home? If not, is there a different layout you prefer?
- What’s your favorite room, and what do you enjoy most about this room?
How does your home work for you?
- Do you have enough space or too much? Where could you use more/less space?
- How do you find the property type? Are you sick of your apartment or would you much prefer an apartment with a sea view instead of your villa?
- Does it suit your lifestyle?
- Do you have enough or too many bedrooms?
- Are you happy with the natural light or would you prefer more? Or maybe you have too much and it has become apparent as your home heats rapidly in the summer?
- Do you like the fixtures and finishes?
- Is there a room in the house you have always wanted but don’t currently have? A utility room, maids room or maybe a study?
Are you happy with your outdoor space or do you need an outdoor space?
- If you have an outdoor space, do you enjoy spending time there?
- If you don’t have outdoor space, do you feel like you’re missing out?
- Do you enjoy taking care of a garden or is the cost of a gardner another burden?
- When you drive up to your home are you impressed by what you see?
- Do you have adequate parking? Or do you need more garage space or street space?
Does your community work for you?
- Are you happy with your neighborhood? Think about all its characteristics, including walkability, parks, nearby activities, density, noise level - are you near a main road or hotel? How are your neighbours?
- Do you have to travel far for basics such as groceries or a doctor’s appointment?
- Are you happy with your commute?
- Are you happy with the maintenance and landscaping of your community?
- Are there enough activities going on around you — or too many?
After creating your wishlist, it's time to find THE home. Take a look on our website, to speak to an experienced agent who may be able to suggest communities or properties that you hadn't thought of that will also fit with your wishlist.
Subscribe to receive news and updates
Be the first to get the most market news, videos and the inside scoop on property in Dubai