- Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Attracts tenants by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current tenants; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
- Contracts with tenants by negotiating leases; collecting security deposit.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving tenant complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Secures property by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices; establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Property Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Motivation for Sales, Meeting Sales Goals, Negotiation, Selling to Customer Needs, Territory Management, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Professionalism, Internal Communications, Listening, Communication Processes