1. What happens next?
After your Ejari has been successfully registered, you will be able to set up your Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA).
You will receive an SMS within the next 24 hours with an account number asking you to make your security deposit payment either online or at your nearest DEWA office.
2. What are the costs for DEWA?
- AED 2,000 security deposit for apartments
- AED 4,000 security deposit for villas
- AED 130 + VAT admin fee to set up your account.
Once the payment has been made, the utilities will be connected within the next 24 hours.
1. What is Ejari?
Ejari is an online registration system initiated by Real Estate Regulatory Agency (RERA). RERA requires all Dubai rental or lease contracts to be recorded at this portal.
2. How do I register Ejari?
Ejari registration must be done in person at Ejari Centres (Al Manara Centre, Al Barsha Mall, Oud Metha, Port Saeed, Zabeel) or at Dubai Land Department.
Ejari desk opens at 8am and closes at 8pm Sunday-Thursday and from 9am-2pm on Saturdays.
(Open 9am – 2pm on weekdays only during Ramadan)
3. What is the cost of Ejari?
Ejari registration costs AED 215 + VAT.
4. What documents are needed to register Ejari?
- Original Tenancy Contract OR clear scanned copy of the contract
- Copy of the title deed,
- Your physical Emirates ID card
- Copies of your passport & visa
- The owners ID documents and/or all Power of Attorney (POA) documents if the contract has been signed by a POA.